Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hot Head

November 19, 2008

Today started off pretty bewilderingly. After sleeping later than I expected (4 of my 6 classes were canceled), I got up to a shaky start. I have been trying to make Thanksgiving plans and my original plan was to return to Beijing for a few days with Stephanie. Well, after consulting my bank account, I realized that I am indeed a volunteer and will need to save this money.

I am also really motivated to study Chinese as much as possible and continue going to the gym. I am just occupied and busy all the time and really in no mood for bullshit.

Speaking of which, I had to deal with it because of colleagues, which can be a drag. The bottom line is I GET SO F*CKING P*SSED OFF when people cannot communicate properly. It is annoying and unprofessional. Needless to say, everyone feels this frustration, no matter where they work. I just have to remember what my experience has taught me and how I can use my mediation (yeah, that's right CMC) skills to combat the situation.

All I ask is that people do not assume, insinuate, or commit me to anything without approval or qualification.

With that being said, I am bummed that I cannot afford to go to Beijing again (twice in the same month, I am so spoiled) but Spring Festival could cost more than I imagined, especially because it will likely include a round trip ticket to somewhere (hopefully India).

Plus, I have to buy a camera because my pocket digital Inspiron is kind of a joke. It takes really good pictures but the monitor is broken thanks to some inept maintenance at Panasonic.

I am still waiting on two packages that Trey sent me like 3-4 weeks ago. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make it here.

Anyways, I had to get a refund for my Beijing ticket. Usually, if you cancel, the train station keeps 20% of the ticket. Haha, for some reason (I don't question why procedures change here) the ticket depot gave me a full refund and I didn't have to go to the train station (usually refunds and exchanges can only be made at the station). This is really lame, I know. However, when you rely on public transportation, are short on time, need money, and dealing with a language barrier, this is exciting news!!

In the afternoon, I wung (past tense of "to wing"...I'm an English teacher ya' know) both of my Junior 1 classes. Then it was off to the gym.

The best news of the week is that I have found a little shop that serves soft-serve Ice cream (and it doesn't start with McDonalds or KFC because I am not eating at those places NOT ONCE in CHINA). The only flavor is pineapple (buluo bo). Mmmm...so good.

Just got back from an exciting spinning class at the gym and had maybe the hottest dish I have had yet for dinner (niu rou ye lu se la jiao/mifan) or "beef with green peppers and rice. Made my head hot, hence the title of this entry.

Until tomorrow. Hui jian!

No comments: