Monday, November 3, 2008

3 Month Anniversary

October 30 marked my 3rd full month of living in China. Here are a couple of things I have learned or that have happened:

1) In China, you can find ANYTHING and if you can't find it, you aren't looking hard enough.
2) Chinese people may be the friendliest people in the world.
3) Take care of your feet.
4) Successfully buying train tickets is a reason for a celebration.
5) I don't think I will ever be able to eat Americanized-Chinese food again.
6) Again with food, I went from sweating over Hunan cuisine, to eating green peppers straight out of the wok. Love the spice!
7) China is a land of "maybe".
8) Despite the fact that everything is cooked in oil, I've lost 25 pounds.
9) Chinese pace of life = A+, American pace of life = Are you kidding me with this?
10) I love this country. Everyday is like playing a game.

No comments: